The performance assurance system for a large network is hard to imagine ignoring the rest IT-infrastructure of the enterprise. Business processes and structure of the IT-department are based on the existing information systems. Installing a new system may result in noticeable expenses for changing the existing processes, discarding non-amortized equipment, and personnel retraining. To reduce these expenditures enterprises prefer to involve the former infrastructure into the newly installed system as much as possible.
That's why the Six Quarks V core offers a set of mechanisms for quick, simple and effective integration of the system into the existing IT-infrastructure.
Six Quarks V may be integrated with the following information systems:
- Network management and monitoring systems (NMS) - for optimizing operational expenses, saving investments, retaining current business processes.
- Billing systems - for monetization of network quality assurance
- Ticket managment systems - for highly accurate problem localization and full-service proactive monitoring without false triggering
- Inventory systems - for effective management of the company's IT-complex
- CRM systems - for functional customer support.
The core has the following open interfaces to connect to exterior systems:
The complex also notifies the customer's technical assistance team about the network state via e-mail and SMS.